Cooking with Charter Oak Beer
Try these three Charter Oak beer centric recipes. Send us photos on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Skirt Steak Wadsworth IPA Marinade
- 1/2 pound meat
- 1 cup Charter Oak Wadsworth IPA
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large zip top bag combine all ingredients.
- Add steak and marinate in the fridge for 4 to 8 hours. Never leave uncooked marinating meat at room temperature for more than 40 minutes.
- May we suggest you serve Charter Oak's Wadsworth India Pale Ale with the meal?
Charter Oak 1687 Brown Ale Float
- 12 ounces of 1687 Brown Ale
- 4 ounces of Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream
Royal Charter Pale Ale Bacon Mac & Cheese
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 strips of bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup of Charter Oak Royal Charter Pale Ale
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (fresh grated, pre-shredded has additives that prevents it from melting properly)
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- In a large pot of boiling water, add the noodles and cook until just before done. Don't over-cook the noodles or this will end up mushy.
- Drain the pasta, return the pot to the stove and cook the bacon until crispy, remove from pot and allow to cool.
- Drain off bacon grease and return drained noodles to the pot.
- In a separate bowl, add the beer, egg and sour cream, beat until well combined.
- Add the butter and the beer mixture to the noodles and return to medium heat. Stir until the butter has melted.
- About 1/4 a cup at a time, add the cheese. Stir until cheese has melted before adding more.
- Add the spices and chopped bacon, stir.
- Makes 4 entree sized portions. .... Don't forget to save four bottles of Charter Oak's Royal Charter Pale Ale to be served with the Mac & Cheese!